Broke a line in pool flower bed

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
JWDuncan

Broke a line in pool flower bed

Postby JWDuncan » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 13:59

Hello, all. New home owner and first time with a pool. My pool has a flower bed above it that the previous owner used. Problem is we had two oak trees within 20 feet and the oak tree roots came under the screened in pool area to get to the irrigation and pool piping. Anyway, while ripping out the stuff inside the flower bed, I had a probably 20 big roots and had a lot of problems getting out the biggest plant in the middle. Eventually I accidentally broke a line, but I can't figure out which line. When the pump is on, the large plant hole fills up with water, but I'm not seeing any dirty water enter the pool, or the pump so I can't figure out what pipe it is.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Broke a line in pool flower bed

Postby Teapot » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 04:41

I would suggest a dye. pour some into the skimmer(s) one at a time and see if that shows up.
What lines do you have?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Broke a line in pool flower bed

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 14:36

Does it really matter what line it is, just repair the broken line

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”