(Video) Winter messed my above ground pool liner good.. what do I do at this point?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
KS89
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground round pool

(Video) Winter messed my above ground pool liner good.. what do I do at this point?

Postby KS89 » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 13:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHM1vdGJBxs

So I guess I didn't leave enough water in the pool before winter started.. could have sworn I did though. Maybe it evaporated.. and now it looks like this. The bottom of the liner is all wrinkled and all loose.

It seems to still be attached and everything fine though.

Do I fill it up with water halfway at least for now? We're not expecting snow anymore but the weather MIGHT dip below 0 again, not sure. I don't think so though.

I'm from Montreal.

KS89
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground round pool

Re: (Video) Winter messed my above ground pool liner good.. what do I do at this point?

Postby KS89 » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 14:44

Nevermind, found the tears (plural) and the company said even the outer wall needs to be replaced because it was bent out of shape.

I think I'm just going to have the pool completely removed, too much hassle for the little use I make of it.

https://imgur.com/a/LA3JDuE

Thanks guys.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: (Video) Winter messed my above ground pool liner good.. what do I do at this point?

Postby Teapot » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 04:55

You have made a good decision to get rid of the pool.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”