Having problems with my Hayward Filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
jeggeman31
I'm new here
I'm new here

Having problems with my Hayward Filter

Postby jeggeman31 » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 18:42

I have a Hayward Preflex Extended Cycle Filter, EC40 series. It has only been used one summer. Last fall I took out the filter and cleaned the fingers. I went to put it back together this year, hooked up to the pump and it won't do anything. I thought it was my pump, so I got another pump and it still wont flow water. When I fill the basket with water in the pump and plug it in it shoots the water back out the skimmer (just a little) and the water in the basket of the pump is gone. I have tried everything I can think of, I have only had a pool for 1 summer, so I must be missing something I just don't know what it is.

Thanks

mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Having problems with my Hayward Filter

Postby mamcwifey » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 13:42

jeggeman31 wrote:I have a Hayward Preflex Extended Cycle Filter, EC40 series. It has only been used one summer. Last fall I took out the filter and cleaned the fingers. I went to put it back together this year, hooked up to the pump and it won't do anything. I thought it was my pump, so I got another pump and it still wont flow water. When I fill the basket with water in the pump and plug it in it shoots the water back out the skimmer (just a little) and the water in the basket of the pump is gone. I have tried everything I can think of, I have only had a pool for 1 summer, so I must be missing something I just don't know what it is.

Thanks

is the hose from the pump connected to the skimmer or the eyeball?
*mamcwifey
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Having problems with my Hayward Filter

Postby Backglass » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 14:50

jeggeman31 wrote:I have a Hayward Preflex Extended Cycle Filter, EC40 series. It has only been used one summer. Last fall I took out the filter and cleaned the fingers. I went to put it back together this year, hooked up to the pump and it won't do anything. I thought it was my pump, so I got another pump and it still wont flow water. When I fill the basket with water in the pump and plug it in it shoots the water back out the skimmer (just a little) and the water in the basket of the pump is gone. I have tried everything I can think of, I have only had a pool for 1 summer, so I must be missing something I just don't know what it is.

Thanks

This may sound simple, but are you sure you have the hoses connected to the right ports? If you get one wrong it will act all kinds of crazy!

Double check that "Pump" is water going in, "Return" is water going out, and you don't have your pump connected to "Waste".
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”