Pressure too high

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
uagodfather

Pressure too high

Postby uagodfather » Fri 04 Jan, 2008 18:26

My pressure always reads 10 psi when freshly backwashed. Now, it is reading 20 psi no matter how much I backwash and rinse. I can't seem to get it to go down. I just cleaned the pool but it wasn't very dirty and I clean weekly. I am not sure why I am suddenly having this problem.

Ickle
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Ickle » Sun 13 Jan, 2008 11:15

I personally dont really upon the pressure gauges much, it doesnt take much for them to stop working very well. I would personally carry on as you have been.
Just as a quick check what does your gauge read wen the pump is turned off?
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sun 13 Jan, 2008 17:34

My pressure always reads 10 psi when freshly backwashed. Now, it is reading 20 psi no matter how much I backwash and rinse. I can't seem to get it to go down. I just cleaned the pool but it wasn't very dirty and I clean weekly. I am not sure why I am suddenly having this problem.

what type of filter do you have?
If it's a DE filter you need to clean it. You are only going to be able to backwash so many times before DE builds up and causes pressure to stay high. This happens because when backwashing not all the DE comes out & cleaning it once a year helps make grids last longer.
If sand filter you need to open & inspect sand for clumps & debris which can make pressure rise. How old is the sand? It may need to be changed. Normally sand can last 3-5yrs depending on pool users different circumstances & can make pressure stay high if bad. Also like stated above is the gauge bad? you can tell if it does not go back to zero.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”