NO PRESSURE

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
HIRAM
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

NO PRESSURE

Postby HIRAM » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 21:50

I vacumed lot of leaves by way of my skimmer now i have no pressure could leaves be stuck in the pipes be fore it gets to the fillter basket i need help what can i do to unclogg the suction side :cry:

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Mon 10 Mar, 2008 17:22

I vacumed lot of leaves by way of my skimmer now i have no pressure could leaves be stuck in the pipes be fore it gets to the fillter basket i need help what can i do to unclogg the suction side

If there is low suction you can take a small plastic sandwich bag & let it get suctioned in at skimmer. If theres no clogg it will be in pump-basket if there is a clogg it will get stuck.
If it does not show up in pump basket you can turn off pump, remove lid & basket & insert garden hose in pipe that water normally comes in at from skimmer. Use a old towel/shirt to put around hose so pressure makes water come out at skimmer hole. If this does not seem to be enough pressure you can attach drain-king to hose which will do it or use air comressor with nozzle that blows air.

You should also check the impeller while you have pump-basket out. Take your finger or small screw driver & insert into small hole at the bottom going into pump. You should be able to move impeller freely & feel or see debris if there are any there.
HIRAM
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

no suction

Postby HIRAM » Mon 10 Mar, 2008 20:21

its fixed, i used a hanger pushed in till i felt resistance, a few leaves fell into basket i turned on the pump and bang the rest of the leves and debri shot out thanks for your help. :lol:

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”