supply line blockage?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
pool dummy

supply line blockage?

Postby pool dummy » Tue 25 Apr, 2006 18:03

I am taking care of my sister's inground pool for a couple weeks while she is away on business. We had a windstorm that blew lots of leaves in the pool. I tried to vacuum them out and the leaves kept plugging the vacuum, leaving very little suction. I didn't get all the leaves out and now I can't get any suction. I cleaned out the skimmer and filter pots, backwashed, cleaned the DE filter, added more DE and tried again. Nothing. My husband thinks there may be a blockage past the filter, because when he turns on the aerator, no water comes out. The pressure on the filter tank is running high. We can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

smo33

Pool blockage

Postby smo33 » Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:15

The vacuum pipe may be blocked. Try reverse it and see if anything gets sucked into the skimmer basket.

High pressure on the filter would indicate an obstruction aat or fter the filter. This would have nothing to do with the leaves or the vacuuming you did.
pool dummy

obstruction after filter

Postby pool dummy » Wed 26 Apr, 2006 16:01

How do I check for an obstruction after the filter? if there is one, how do I eliminate it?
onebadsoldier25@yahoo.com

Re: Pool blockage

Postby onebadsoldier25@yahoo.com » Fri 28 Apr, 2006 14:29

smo33 wrote:The vacuum pipe may be blocked. Try reverse it and see if anything gets sucked into the skimmer basket.

High pressure on the filter would indicate an obstruction aat or fter the filter. This would have nothing to do with the leaves or the vacuuming you did.

How do you reverse it

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”