Is this Algae

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground pool with sand filter

Is this Algae

Postby 27283 » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 11:14

Hi

My pool has the correct chlorine levels, pH and alkalinity according to test strips but this cloudy white substance has appeared on the bottom.

I can’t vacuum it out as it just turns to dust when disturbed.

Any ideas on what it is or what to do to get rid of it ?

Many thanks
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (145.17 KiB) Viewed 904 times

WalterVandervort
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Length: 25m
width: 21m
depth: 1.5m

Re: Is this Algae

Postby WalterVandervort » Mon 13 Apr, 2020 07:53

You can use Pool Algaecides to clean them. I recommend Algae Prevention & Remover. I am highly recommending this product for purchase if you are looking for reliability and effectiveness in a product. In terms of results, as it is guaranteed by the company, all you have to do is follow the instruction properly and you will have an algae-free pool in no time.
ArthurHolo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: inground pool: 10x20, depth of around 5.5 feet, vinyl lined

Re: Is this Algae

Postby ArthurHolo » Wed 26 Aug, 2020 23:00

As for me, an ordinary vacuum cleaner is better than robots. I tried an automatic but didn't like it. It's expensive, and I can't say it worked great for its price. The last time I used it, it was collecting all the dirt from the bottom of the pool, and not sucking it in but lifting it, making water even muddier. One more thing: this vacuum can't climb up the walls, so you need to clean it yourself. On the one hand, it does save your time, on the other, it doesn't save your time and money.

Anyway, to get rid of dirty, muddy, cloudy water you need to check the water balance and fix it: balance free chlorine (FC), pH, TA, and CH levels. You also need to eliminate ammonia and get rid of young algae. In this case, you can shock your swimming pool to fix water and kill bacteria in it. Last but not least, you need to clean your pool by removing foreign particles, scrubbing, and vacuuming up the pool. Here you can choose a regular vacuum by trying different types of vacuum heads or buy a robotic vacuum. It's up to you :)

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”