Pool water clear but still a tint of green

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Shannalee88
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27 by 19 oval custom inground pool, sand filter

Pool water clear but still a tint of green

Postby Shannalee88 » Sun 24 May, 2020 06:59

Hi everyone!
This is our second year with our inground pool.
Last year we were newbies but watched tons of youtube videos and were able to open up our pool quickly with no issues. We shocked the pool once, added clarifier and pool was crystal blue!

This year we shocked the pool, two bags(17kgallon pool)
Water was still greenish. Added the clarifier, which worked great last year, but after 24 hours, pool looks clearer but still a tint of green. So hubby shocked one more time, 24 hours, still the same. We have been backwashing, running the pump pretty much non stop. I tested the water with test strips, chlorine is reading 0. We had also added a chlorine tablet, still no change.

What can we do? Our Pump is running fine pressure wise. Does our sand need to be changed? Past owner basically left us no info. She referred us to her pool guy, but he wont return phone calls. He’s the only pool guy in my areA and is super busy. No clue what we should do at this point. Don’t want to over shock the pool, either.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool water clear but still a tint of green

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 24 May, 2020 13:09

You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
You probably should have Slammed (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”