AquaBot gets stuck on eyehooks

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
HoosVet
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18,000-20,000 gal in-ground vinyl liner pool. Sand filter. 20-40-years-old in 2022.

AquaBot gets stuck on eyehooks

Postby HoosVet » Wed 31 Aug, 2022 10:24

We have an old in-ground pool with a vinyl liner. There are eye hooks that protrude out from the sides between the border of the shallow end to place a float line which we don't use. We have an Aquabot that works very well to clean the pool, but it gets hung up on the eye hooks. It results in us having to manually remove it, or the track stretches and comes off the wheels requiring which sometimes releases the pool robot, but leaves it dysfunctional.

I thought removing the eye hooks would be one option, but not sure the best way of doing it, and while we don't use them, maybe the next owner might. Is there a commercial cover or has anyone come up with a DIY solution for preventing this issue?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: AquaBot gets stuck on eyehooks

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 31 Aug, 2022 11:34

My DIY solution is to manual vacuum the pool, qucker, more thorough and you dont miss bits. More importantly you dont get hung up on hooks.
Just to note I have owned lots of different robots, pressure and vacuum and electric and manual is far better and saves $800- 1000 on purchasing.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”