Radio/music for swimming pool?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Eddles
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: 66000 litre indoor swimming pool with UV and sand filtration, and 1200 litre hot tub.

Radio/music for swimming pool?

Postby Eddles » Sat 29 Oct, 2022 18:57

Hi all. I'm deaf, so I don't know much about radios or music in general. My parents built their swimming pool and installed a mains powered cd stereo with wall speakers. I know humidity kills them. A few years back, I bought a Sony cmt-sbt100b cd radio with Bluetooth that connected to the wall speakers a few years ago, and it's not working properly. So, I need to get a replacement. Is there any specific stereo system for swimming pools? What do hearing people use for music? Do we need CD or radio nowadays, can I rely on just Bluetooth?

I want to avoid battery systems. I'm happy to buy another stereo like this, but want something that people actually use, because I don't have a clue about music systems. Thank you.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Radio/music for swimming pool?

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 30 Oct, 2022 01:39

Cd has moving parts so always going to fail. Music streaming via solid state equipment would be preferable. Still have to keep it from moist air so an enclosure that doesnt suffer from condensation.
What I use at the moment are bluetooth speakers
I have several ultimate ears megaboom 3 speakers that you can wirelessly link together to play the music. Completely water proof you could drop them in the pool without issue
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”