Pump Not Sucking

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
bomberryr

Pump Not Sucking

Postby bomberryr » Sat 06 Jun, 2009 20:39

I need help. My pump is running, but when it is in Filter mode, there is no suction in the intake, yet there is water moving OUT of the outflow into the pool. The water is moving around the pool, but there is no suction. I have replaced all the hoses and everything is tight. Any suggestions before I have to spend $125 an hour on a pool guy out here? Thanks for any help.

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Pump Not Sucking

Postby Denali » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 04:52

bomberryr wrote:I need help. My pump is running, but when it is in Filter mode, there is no suction in the intake, yet there is water moving OUT of the outflow into the pool. The water is moving around the pool, but there is no suction. I have replaced all the hoses and everything is tight. Any suggestions before I have to spend $125 an hour on a pool guy out here? Thanks for any help.

Hi,

You must have a main drain in the pool? The water is being pulled from somewhere and that is the likely spot. If you have a main drain, how do you adjust the flow for the drain and skimmer?
clewis

Pump boggs down while cleaning

Postby clewis » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 09:31

im having a filter problem... new sand, new pump, new laterals, hoses, and the spider top is replaced... but my suction cleaner will work for just a few minutes, 3-5 and then slowly bog down... then stop suction. I can use recirc AND backwash to filter with my cleaner, but i need to find out why it doesnt work correctly.. filter will work without cleaner attached also... Ive even bought a new suction cleaner... live in country.. no pool help...even does this while manually vacuuming
clewis138
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 24- tagelus, dynamo

Pump Not Sucking

Postby clewis138 » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 10:07

im having a filter problem... new sand, new pump, new laterals, hoses, and the spider top is replaced... but my suction cleaner will work for just a few minutes, 3-5 and then slowly bog down... then stop suction. I can use recirc AND backwash to filter with my cleaner, but i need to find out why it doesnt work correctly.. filter will work without cleaner attached also... Ive even bought a new suction cleaner... live in country.. no pool help...even does this while manually vacuuming

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”