Booster Pump for Pool Cleaner Is Not Running

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
akg0626

Postby akg0626 » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 23:56

My booster pump for my cleaner does not seem to be working right... Finally figured it out because my pool had been getting pretty dirty.... I turned the cleaner on and checked the pressure coming out and it is soooo weak...

I can turn the cleaner on at the main control (both at the main console outside and my console in my house) but the pressure coming out does not change at all. I have flipped the circuit breaker a couple of times, thinking that may help, but no change. The cleaner light comes on at the console, but there is no increase in the pressure going to the cleaner...

I guess I am not sure if the pump is just toast or possibly there is some electrical problem in between the console and the pump itself... is there anything I can check myself before I pay someone to come out and tell me I need a new pump (and then I have to pay him to come back anyway and install it :)?

Any insight is really appreciated.

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:32

akg0626 wrote:My booster pump for my cleaner does not seem to be working right... Finally figured it out because my pool had been getting pretty dirty.... I turned the cleaner on and checked the pressure coming out and it is soooo weak...

I can turn the cleaner on at the main control (both at the main console outside and my console in my house) but the pressure coming out does not change at all. I have flipped the circuit breaker a couple of times, thinking that may help, but no change. The cleaner light comes on at the console, but there is no increase in the pressure going to the cleaner...

I guess I am not sure if the pump is just toast or possibly there is some electrical problem in between the console and the pump itself... is there anything I can check myself before I pay someone to come out and tell me I need a new pump (and then I have to pay him to come back anyway and install it :)?

Any insight is really appreciated.

Hi,

Not sure of the type of cleaner you have but a common problem with low flow is blockage at the wall fitting. On most there is a little filter screen that gets clogged and slows water flow. I would check there and also check the hose leading to the cleaner head for breaks or leaks.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”