Polaris 360 pressure solution causes circulation problem

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
poolowner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolowner » Sat 04 Jul, 2009 01:46

I have a polaris 360. This model does not use a booster pump. Due to the lack of pressure for the cleaner to move well, I used eyeballs with very small holes to plug up the 2 inlets in the in-ground pool. There are only 3 inlets, 1 for the pool cleaner. This causes poor circulation of the water and the pool tends to get algae even with weekly cleaning from the pool guy.

What are my options to have good water circulation and allow the pool cleaner to do its job? Get a stronger pump filter? Get a new pool cleaner with a booster pump? One thing i should mention is that there is not much room for a booster pump.

I live in California where the pool is used year round.

elf

Postby elf » Sat 04 Jul, 2009 15:30

has it ever worked good in your pool?

I would think if it has worked before that your filter needs to be cleaned or depending on type of filter the elements may need to be replaced.
Know the size of the filter can be a problem if it's to small/undersized for your pool already.

If you are getting algae and the chemicals are being added enough then the slow circulation is causing it.
poolowner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolowner » Mon 06 Jul, 2009 14:14

The 2 inlets has always been plugged to allow the pool cleaner to work effectively.

Will getting a stronger pump filter help with the pressure problem to allow for the removal of the plugs?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”