Help 50lbs of Sand in Pool!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
dbarker
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Hayward sand filter 32' above ground swimming pool

Postby dbarker » Fri 10 Jul, 2009 16:44

Okay, i did not close my pool last season and it froze over the winter and has been nothing but money getting it fixed. I finally got everything fixed and opened the pool all seemed well and when i came out the next day the bottomof my pool was filled with sand. So i replaced the guts of the pump that were cracked. And now i need to know how to vaccum it out cause when i try to vaccum it normally it comes back through the lines not as bad but still ALOT>. HELP!

Swim Today
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Swim Today » Sat 11 Jul, 2009 15:57

First off are you sure you got all the damaged parts replaced. You should not be having sand come back into the pool no matter what the case may be especially through vacuuming as that adds the sand directly back into the filter. You can always just vacuum to waste but this will use a fair amount of water to do and will only give you a few minutes of vacuum time. Again you may still have damaged parts or a part may have gotten damaged when adding the new sand back in. Did you fill the filter tank with enough water to cover the lateral pipes before adding the sand to cushion them from the falling sand? Also did you inspect the multi-port valve head for damage?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”