How to clean leaves and other debris off a solar cover

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
FloatingDave

Postby FloatingDave » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:36

We use a solar cover for our pool every night. Our pool is surrounded by trees. When the wind blows we get leaves, pine cones and seeds falling on top of our solar cover. When we roll-up the cover the dirt/material goes right into the pool - making it dirtier than ever! Is there some procedure I am missing to stop the insanity of using a cover only to dump the junk into the pool as we roll-up the cover???

What do other people do?

thanks
Dave

fullofitx3
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: inground 36x16

Postby fullofitx3 » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 21:27

We use to have the same problem, we tried turning on just the skimmer to try and get all the junk in there it helped alittle but it was a pain, we had a solar reel put it was still a pain. We just invested in some solar panels bought off ebay, so far so good had a couple of issues with plumbing (still waiting for a reply on another thread) when its nice and sunny out the pool gets warmer then it ever did with the cover, when its cloudy or rainy we gotta make sure the valves going to the panel are closed. We just threw our cover in the trash and moved the reel out of the way dont miss it one bit.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”