Inground Pool - Lighting recommended

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
jfm617
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: ~ 38 X 18 inground with liner

Inground Pool - Lighting recommended

Postby jfm617 » Mon 17 May, 2021 15:57

Hi,

New to the forums here - I have moved into a new house that has an inground pool with liner. We are in the process of having the liner replaced - and discovered the existing pool light centered in the deep end is broken.

Given the location - difficult and pricey to tear out and replace.

I have an option along one side (about 6 feet of trenching/concrete removal per light) to add new LED lighting here - probably 3 smaller lights along the side.

Question - is it worth adding these new lights to the pool? Are there good alternatives to this given the LED craze for floating pool lights, submersible pucks - or am I better of biting the bullet now and getting this done.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

HardyM
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Inground Pool - Lighting recommended

Postby HardyM » Sun 16 Jan, 2022 04:26

If your swimming pool is situated outdoors, and you reside in a sunny location, the best choices for you are solar-powered floating lights. if you frequently swim in the evenings, or you are more focused on being able to see beneath the water, submersible lights might be the ideal choice for your situation. if you wish to form a specific atmosphere for a special event, you might want to consider the distinct styles and shapes of floating pool lights.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”