News and announcements
from the Pool Help Forums.
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Pool Forum grows

Postby Larry » Thu 26 Nov, 2009 08:33

As announced previously, the Pool Help Forums were scheduled for a move. Well, it's done - quickly and painlessly. :thumbup:

The old servers were in Toronto, Canada and the new ones in Utah, so site speed should be better for the Continental US.

The site on the new server has been through rigorous testing over the past couple of weeks and everything seems to be in working order. Please report any errors or glitches you come across - I have several recent backups and will probably be able to find anything that may be missing.

Thanks once again for your ongoing support :D

Larry

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Pool Forum grows

Postby Larry » Tue 05 Jan, 2010 08:04

Unfortunately the Pool Help Forum has suffered some unexpected downtime since the move from the Canadian hosts to the company in Utah. :? The speeds were also not as fast as I had anticipated. To preempt any further problems, I have made yet another move and the result was a few hours of downtime earlier today.

I hope that no posts or registrations were lost on the way. If so, please accept my apologies. :oops:

My initial tests have shown a marked improvement in site speed and our new host is one of the sector leaders. I will update you on the details in the coming days. In the meantime please let me know if anything is broken or missing, and I'll see if I can sort it out.

Special apologies to our visitors from Australia, New Zealand and the Far East as the server downtime may have corresponded with your busy internet browsing hours.

More soon

Larry

Return to “News & Announcements from the Pool Forum”