Pool heater issue

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
samson
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool heater issue

Postby samson » Fri 27 Nov, 2020 15:14

Hey,
bought a house with a pool and sauna, which also has an electric Focus Temp International Titanium Pool heater. Only notice one issue with the system. Previous home owners are gone and Focus temp International is out of business, so I figured I'd post the symptom here to see if anybody had any ideas.

Pool heater works great. It gets that sauna temp up in no time. However, if you dial down the temp some and then back up again, the only way you get it to run and heat again is if you flip the breaker on and off.

In other words, let's say the water temp is running at 85 degrees, but you decide to dial it down to 80 degrees - the unit then goes off like it should. But, then 10 minutes later, you decide to go back to unit and raise it to 90 degrees. Well, it should come back on and continue heating, but it does'nt. The display is still on, but neither the fan or the compressor will come back on (after you have dialed it down and it went off in response), until you throw the breaker off and on again. Strange.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool heater issue

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 28 Nov, 2020 09:58

It seems that your heat pump is branded and the manufacturers are https://www.osbheatpump.com/all-products/focus-temp-international-pool-heater-pool-chiller
Does it work OK if you just let it do it's job at a set temperature?
Most heat pumps have a temperature differential between going off and coming back on, turning it down and then back up may not work as the differential may be more than 5 degrees
You could try setting it a lot higher
samson
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pool heater issue

Postby samson » Sat 28 Nov, 2020 12:19

interesting...will give that a whirl

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”