Heliomatic Hm-4000D showing sensor fault - new sensors

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
imthebro
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: inground 90k liters (whatever that is in gallons :-)
Heliomatic HM400D Solar heating system - 6 roof panels

Heliomatic Hm-4000D showing sensor fault - new sensors

Postby imthebro » Tue 22 Jun, 2021 12:11

Hi everyone,

new guy here....

I have an inground pool with a Heliomatic HM-4000D controller (automatic valve) that has been showing a sensor fault since last year. With remote work during the pandemic, I just ignored the issue and kept turning the valve on/off myself via the panel, but I want this to return to normal now and resolve the issue.

Before I call in the local professionnals at $160/hour... I figured I'd run this by some of you.

Situation:
[list=]Controller is showing sensor or connection fault.
Electric controller /diverter valve operates normally if I actuate it via the Test/on/off switch
Went up on roof and noticed the solar sensor had really fragile wires (one snapped on me...) , Ordered new 10k sensor and replaced it myself. Everything is well insulated
Panel still shows sensor fault.
[/list]

I used a multimeter and followed the procedure to test the sensors with my multimeter.
Neither water or solar sensor are showing an open circuit (reading of 1) according to my multimeter.
New Solar sensor (called a thermistor if i'm not mistaken) shows a reading of 7.75 to 9 ohms (not a very sunny day here...), so no open circuit, although not sure that measurement is correct...
Water temperator sensor showing 10 ohms resistance. Again no open circuit.

I'm begining to suspect a faulty controller panel here...

does anyone have any insights ?

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”