Swimming pool water problem?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
GeorgeSteven
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 7x3 metre

Swimming pool water problem?

Postby GeorgeSteven » Wed 21 Apr, 2021 23:37

We treated our swimming pool well water with everything possible. Iron fighter, chlor, anty algea, PH minus, and whotever possible. Still our water is brown-greenish. Help.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Swimming pool water problem?

Postby Teapot » Thu 22 Apr, 2021 04:52

Congratulations you have been mightly misinformed and probably by those who earn money by doing so.
None of those products remove iron so will never help you.
I use Dr Drydens Activate filter media which is good at removing iron. Others are having success with polyfibre balls in the skimmers.
inlanderpoolsau
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: If you are thinking about getting yourself a well-built and energy-efficient swimming pools, installing plunge pools direct is the perfect addition to your backyard. Check out the range of options of pre-cast and prefab pools. Let's get your project started

Postby inlanderpoolsau » Thu 13 May, 2021 21:53

I think you can use ascorbic acid to clear the stains before shocking your pool again if you see more green stains you will have to either add Metal magic by ProTeam to remove the metals through the filter or add metal sequestering agent to hold metal components and avoid metal stains when you shock your pool.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 14 May, 2021 03:57

An AA treatment will remove stains but only hold it in suspension, regular use of a sequestrant is required to keep it in suspension
There are videos on YouTube for home made filters using polyfill to remove the brown colouring from the water

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”