Need help with everything pool related!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.

Need help with everything pool related!!

Postby Guest » Sat 05 May, 2007 16:12

I just bought a house with a pool. I can't afford to hire a pool man. Maybe someone here can help me. Where are all eight filters? My soon to be ex husband said there is eight filters? He is not really sharing much of any thing else with me. The bottom of my pool is green. But my spa looks fine. I tried plugging in this vaccuum piece to the inside of the pool and turning on the pump, but then the pump started making a weird noise. I read on here that someone likes the Hayward Phantom. Would you recommend this product to me? If someone could tell me what else has to be done, I would really appreciate the help!

Thank you

twain220
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby twain220 » Sun 06 May, 2007 08:25

Sounds like he's messing with you...

Take pics of your equipment and post them.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Mon 07 May, 2007 07:35

Just to clarify a few issues the 8 filters are located inside the dome which has a pressure gauge on it. Try shocking your pool with shock chemical you can buy at WalMart or any pool store it should take care of the green in the pool. Also have your water tested at your nearest pool store they will also help you with any question you may have and tell you what you need for your pool.

I would recommend the Phantom, I have on and love the way it covers all the surfaces of the pool top and bottom.

One last thing when you turn your pump on look in the clear top of the where the pump basket is located. It should be full of water to the top. If it is not then your pump will need to be reprimed. Just take the clear cap off and poor water into the pump and try it again. Keep repeating until it is full while pump is running. If this is not the problem then I would recommned you have a pool man look at it.

Hope this helps!!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”