Softswim and copper pipes

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
arthurdent
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27 foot aboveground, sand filter, matrix pool. Softswim chemical program, Central Wisconsin

Softswim and copper pipes

Postby arthurdent » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 21:46

We have a 27-foot aboveground pool and we are using the softswim chemical system. I have access to cheap solar panels which are glazed and have copper plates and pipes.

For chorine chemical control systems I have been advised the copper pipes will pit and develop leaks. Are the soft swim additives less corrosive?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Softswim and copper pipes

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 07:34

Just asking for trouble no matter what chemical solution you choose. Staining is a very real possibility along with blond hair going green.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
creativpools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Creativ Pools Chennai was formed in 2000-01 with a vision to become the most innovated and technology-driven
company in the Field of Swimming Pool Construction. Also, note we are the only Readymade Pool manufacturing company and Dealer of Renolit Alkorplan- world's best Pool Liner Manufacturer.

Re: Softswim and copper pipes

Postby creativpools » Fri 10 Mar, 2023 00:48

SoftSwim is a non-chlorine chemical system that uses biguanide as the primary sanitizer, along with an oxidizer and an algaecide. Unlike traditional chlorine-based systems, SoftSwim does not rely on copper to control algae.

The SoftSwim system contains a conditioner that helps to protect against staining and scaling, and it does not contain any metals or other corrosive chemicals that could damage your pool or equipment. for more information Please check <a href="https://www.**spamm**/" target="_blank" rel="dofollow">Pool Help</a>

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”