Screen enclosures over the pool area

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
DanielO

Postby DanielO » Tue 07 Sep, 2010 08:11

Hello to all pool owners out there~ I just wanted everyone to know that having a screen pool enclosure installed over my yard was the best decision I've made in years. I used Lightning Aluminum to build a custom enclosure to my exact needs, and it turned out perfect. No more insects, lizards, birds, bird poop, leaves or gross stuff gathering in my pool. I recommend it, and I highly recommend Lightning Aluminum, Inc. Check out their website for some pictures and information. Good luck!

duraleigh
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 24X52 DIY Concrete and liner

Postby duraleigh » Tue 07 Sep, 2010 11:57

Hmmm. That almost sounds like a commercial.

However, a nice disclaimer (since this is a national forum) is these enclosures are wonderful as long as you live where it WILL NOT FREEZE. They will collapse if they are installed in icing areas.
24x52 DIY concrete block and liner
1.5HP pump 925lb sand filter
http://www.tftestkits.net

Postby Guest » Sun 29 Dec, 2013 15:28

I agree screened pool enclosures won't do you any good for the ice and snow. A company that I have found makes pool enclosures for ice and snow. I have seen a few of them and thinking about getting one. One pool enclosure had 4 feet of snow on the unit and still nice and warm inside. The company is Covers in Play.

I have seen some pictures on their blog of collapsed ones from other companies that had a bit of snow. So I looked into it further and a lot of companies that sell pool enclosures have warranty issues if you don't clear the snow on them. So what I have determined; some enclosures are made for warm climates and some are made colder climates.
austinwes
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10,000 gallons, in ground, 4 feet deep, 12x28

Re: Screen enclosures over the pool area

Postby austinwes » Mon 18 Jul, 2022 16:07

My pool is shallow and heats up to 100 degrees in 105 degree weather. Will a screen pool enclosure keep it cooler in summer and by how much?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Screen enclosures over the pool area

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 19 Jul, 2022 15:38

No it won't. In fact it will get hotter just like a greenhouse
If you want one, get a telescopic one so that it can be opened up

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”