Installing on uneven ground

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Wellsie1978
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12ft x 39.5" steel frame above ground pool installed on artificial grass, type A cartridge filter and 5kw air source heat pump.

Installing on uneven ground

Postby Wellsie1978 » Fri 16 Apr, 2021 08:26

Hi,

We have a 10ft round pool that we have put up the last 2 years in early summer. The ground is an artificial lawn with a slight to moderate decline from the fence to the edge of the house. The first year we put the pool up we had no issues but, last year, I noticed the pool leaning considerably. This year, we have bought a new wider and deeper pool (12ft x 39.5") and I'm trying to figure out how to erect it whilst avoiding the lean. As the lawn is artificial it's impossible to level the ground itself - I have thought about making a level platform from timber with a sheet material top (OSB / exterior ply, etc) but I would want to remove this when the pool is put away for winter and that leaves me with a lot timber to store somewhere.

I was wondering if anyone had and tips, advice or ideas on what I can do to avoid the lean, or level the pool in some other way. Has anyone come up against the same challenge? How did you solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”