Lower Rail / Track Question

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
pdl1983
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' round, Riviera steel wall. Hayward XStream pump and cartridge filter.

Lower Rail / Track Question

Postby pdl1983 » Thu 10 Jun, 2021 08:03

Good morning, first time pool owner here. Purchased 18' round Riviera steel wall pool. While I would have loved to have an installer come, finding an above-ground pool installer in Northern Virginia is apparently like finding a unicorn. I had the site leveled as best as possible. The site has a very slight grade, so I had a semi-circle cement retaining ring sunk to prevent any washout or erosion. Install went relatively well, I was very meticulous about leveling and had patio blocks sunk and leveled. Attempted first fill and got to about 3/4 and noticed one vertical was out of plumb to my liking (slight scallop on the track), so I drained to just below 1 foot and fixed. Have filled half way and have been scrutinizing every inch and now notice that one vertical is slightly off the ground (1/2" maybe?) It appears that during filling the pool took shape and a small part of the track is on a slight bump and causing one leg to be off the ground. I'm paranoid about stuff like this and not sure if I need to drain again or if I can place some type of 1/2" metal shims under the track where there are these small gaps? I have a foam cove, so I'm not terribly worried about cove washout, just structural integrity. The walls can be pushed/flexed easier on that side than on the opposite side. Not sure how much wall flex is normal for an above ground pool. The water level is level to 1/2" so I consider the entire pool level. Any thoughts for me? Thank you for your time.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”