Random pvc conduit unsure where it goes

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Samoa
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 36k gallon, in-ground, vinyl liner, pvc plumbing, 3jets and 2 skimmers, 20x40ft 4ft to 8ft slope rectangular. Sand filter.

Random pvc conduit unsure where it goes

Postby Samoa » Fri 19 Aug, 2022 15:13

So we moved into our house just about 6 years ago and we had an in ground pool that came with the house, the pool itself is perfect and it’s pretty obvious when the pool was constructed that a lot was taken in consideration due to half the yard now being covered in concrete. Well upon saying that we have found that right where the pool power comes in to power our equipment there seems to be 2 stubbed out pieces of pvc conduit, that i assume must travel underneath the concrete and run parallel with the pool piping, and we have figured out that the first pvc conduit has been stubbed out (the other end of it) in the rocks that surround the concrete, and a decent amount sticks out so it wasn’t that hard to find, plus we found it by blowing compressed air in it and a fountain of rain water shot out of it since the pipe run isn’t closed on both ends. Well that’s really not what I’m trying to figure out, it’s the second stubbed out pvc conduit run that has really gotten me stumped… we have tried to blow air through, listened all around the pool, pumped water into it, a hose fits perfectly the inner diameter of the pvc conduit so we just poured water for about an hour one time hoping to find a wet spot indicating the other end of the run but nothing, yet the pipe takes water pretty easily and no back pressure is built up so it isn’t clogged or covered in dirt, or maybe it is? My guess could be that it could terminate underneath our concrete making it really hard to figure out where exactly, or maybe it’s for a future pool light but there isn’t anything obvious in our pool that would tell us that, if anyone has any ideas to try to figure out where this might go I would love to hear!!

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”