NEED HELP FAST - PEBBLETEC

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.

NEED HELP FAST - PEBBLETEC

Postby Guest » Sat 25 Mar, 2006 02:26

I just had a tahoe blue pebbletec done today and I'm bummed that they didnt get the pebble tec up close enough to our simulated rocks we installed. If I have them add a pebble tec patch tommorrow will everything look good and be structually ok?

Help fast if you can..

Pool Helper

Pebbletech help

Postby Pool Helper » Sun 26 Mar, 2006 04:37

Provided the patch is done promptly and they use the same batch number of pebbletech, the patch should be all but invisible.

The longer the wait, the more noticeable it will be. Care should be taken to try simulate the exact mix of the initial job - water used, consistency, ambient temperature, etc.
MYRA

PEBBLE TEC

Postby MYRA » Sun 26 Mar, 2006 07:31

I AM WONDERING WHAT STATE YOU ARE IN, AND IF THE SAME CREW DID MINE. I HAD CARIBBEAN BLUE PEBBLE TEC APPPLIED ON MARCH 24. THEY MISSED SMALL AREAS IN CORNERS AND WHERE IT MEETS THE TILE. I WILL CONTACT THEIR OFFICE ON MONDAY.

fixed

Postby Guest » Wed 29 Mar, 2006 17:16

Well after not sleeping well the night after it was applied, I called the following day asking the owner to roll the pebble tec up the rock so the rock defines the edge not the pebbletec line. He said I would never notice it but I would everytime I swam or walked by that section. He did it and you can't even tell where he patched and it looks sooooooooooooooooooooo much better. I would have totally been able to see the pebbletec line after I got the water in. I made the right decision. I really love it. There is one section on the wall that has a small concave to it but I know pebbble tec isnt a perfect process. Overall I'm happy now. They did a good job in compacting the pebbles. They even commented it looked more like a pebble-sheen. Maybe I'll post a couple pics in a day or two. It's not over extravagent as I contracted it myself on a 10,000 budget but it feels like were on vacation now. lol.

Postby Guest » Wed 29 Mar, 2006 17:28

BTW im in bakersfield ca,
Pool Helper

Pebbletec

Postby Pool Helper » Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:55

Glad it worked out okay. Have a great swimming season and enjoy :D

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”