PH and Alkalinity up.

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Bmoutz
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 28' round 18000 gal sand filter

PH and Alkalinity up.

Postby Bmoutz » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 16:43

I have an 18 k gal pool. Have been battling alge all year with the rain my ph is historically low. We went away for a week, had it clear and mostly balanced when we left. Came home to a very green pool. The pool store at first recommended balancing with 24# of alkalinity up and 12# of ph up and 6 # of shock and backwash... then after I questioned the expense and difficulties at removing dead alge the suggested scrub( fracture) and shock and flock with a vac to waste. I elected to shock n flock . Worked great got rid of all the alge lost almost 1' of water but expected that. Then I added 20# of alkalinity up and 9 # of ph plus and refilled the pool. My water at the 24hr mark is now a cloudy whitish baby blue color more milky than anything. Can you help?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: PH and Alkalinity up.

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:12

What does the # denote
Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

Let's have your numbers (CYA is very important) Use a pool store if you don't have a FAS/DPD kit
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

You may need to Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”