cloudy water

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
dawndls
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14ft aboveground pool summer waves sfx1000 pump

cloudy water

Postby dawndls » Fri 05 Jun, 2020 19:11

Hello I'm new to this....This is my third year with my above ground pool, I went out of town for 2 days , when I returned water was green . I vacuumed it ,scrubbed the walls and shocked it , after 2 days of doing this finally no green but still cloudy. I have a summer waves 14ft round pool the pump is a sfx1000,
I use Arm and Hammer clearbalance tablets ,poollife 1" cleaning tablets, and HtH supershock.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: cloudy water

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 06 Jun, 2020 02:15

You really need to Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels
You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
Excessive CYA renders your chlorine ineffective and you have to use more to get the same sanitation
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm
Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”