Flocculant can't get rid of grayish water.

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
JeroenMichels
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex above ground round pool that holds 12 m³ of water.
Cardridge filter

Flocculant can't get rid of grayish water.

Postby JeroenMichels » Fri 07 Aug, 2020 07:01

Hi,

At the end of spring, we decided to set up our intex above ground pool ( it's a round 12 m³ pool ) and everything went good. After a month, the water started turning really green and we got rid of the algae by shocking, but now there is a lot of stuff dissolved in our pool that turns the water light gray/blue and after a couple of hours , that stuff sinks and forms a dark green/brownish sandlike layer on the bottom of the pool and the water gets clear after it sunk. When we swim in the pool, that layer dissolves back into our pool and the water turns light gray/blue and after a couple of hours, all the dirt sinks back to the bottom. We can't vaccuum that layer out of the pool or get it out by using our filter, so we decided to use flocculant. We put it into our pool at night, set our filter on recirculate for 3 hours while the water was gray and the layer was dissolved. After 3 hours, we turned off our filter and waited untill the next morning. Nothing happened and the same green/brownish layer sunk back to the bottom.

We have no idea what to do... Does someone know what's happening and how to get rid of it?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Flocculant can't get rid of grayish water.

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 07 Aug, 2020 08:40

Vacuum to waste, making sure you keep the pool topped up
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”