How long should I wait?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.

How long should I wait?

Postby Guest » Mon 24 Apr, 2006 19:14

I have had cloudy water after I have shocked it with 6 bags of shock, I have some stuff on the bottom that needed to be vaccummed, so I did that then superclorinated and added a Clarifier... the vacuumed stirred up some funk and it is cloudy now, so how long do I wait for it clear up, or should I just add a plain shock??

Pool Help

Cloudy water advice

Postby Pool Help » Tue 25 Apr, 2006 14:52

Run your pump round the clock for a couple of days. The shock itself contains calcium, which most definitely leads to cloudiness. The color lightens each day until it clears by itself, usually within 4-7 days.

Postby Guest » Mon 01 May, 2006 01:13

Thanks for your reply, it's been a week and I haven't add anything to it, it's a little better, but still not clear, it is about to drive me insane... I am still going to leave it alone and wait another week, the water is still way cold, does the water have to be warmer to clear up??
Pool Help

Cloudy water problem

Postby Pool Help » Mon 01 May, 2006 02:07

Check your calcium hardness. The shock may have pushed the calcium levels above the recommended maximum of 400ppm.

Postby Guest » Wed 03 May, 2006 14:47

Well I went by the pool store yesterday and told them that I was STILL having problems, they asked me to bring in another sample, they tested it and it showed no chlorine, although my test showed 3, and low pH but that was kinda expected because we have had quite a bit of rain the past couple days... I also took pics of my water in the pool so they could see what I was talking about... so I was in structed to get my pH, chlorine and TA up and then use a super floc, let the pump run for about 2 hours, then turn off overnight, then vaccum to waste... does this sound right?? Here's hoping!! The store mgr felt bad because It's still bad so he gave me a hefty discount on the stuff I bought!

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”