cloudy water won't go away !

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
fed up

cloudy water won't go away !

Postby fed up » Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:37

Please help I opened my pool this summer and it had leaves and algae , so I vacuumed and shocked it and put in algaecide. This left it a cloudy mess, I can't see the bottom. So I checked my PH and cl. levels adjusted them and then ran the pump 24 hrs for 4 days , in that time I tried clarifier 2 X's .Nothing, now my cl is high and my ph very low. I feel like I am going no wheres. It looks like fine silt is coming back in from the return when i vacuum. What do I do now ? I have ran the pump foe about 6 days 24 hrs. oh I forgot to mention I also put about 4 gallons of bleach in there as well besides the shock.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sat 26 Apr, 2008 13:03

Though you could use a clarifier or a flocculant (OMNI Liquid Floc), the pool should clear on its own by maintaining the chlorine level and filtering and brushing assuming your Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level isn't too high. See this sticky for more info on clearing algae. It should only take a few days normally and not more than one week. See this post for how the pool looks as algae is cleared with chlorine alone.

Richard
thesubmitter

Cloudy

Postby thesubmitter » Mon 05 May, 2008 08:35

My solution to post algae cloudy water was to make sure my chemical levels were right then i TURNED OFF the filter and broadcast 100g/10000L of floc in my pool and waited like 8 hrs (filter off) and when I came back it was all settled to the bottom but now I can't vacuum because my suction is too weak...
Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Wed 14 May, 2008 00:14

Vaccum the pool to waste, otherwise you will just keep stirring the floc up and it won't go away, once that is done clean your pump basket out and give the filter a long backwask and rinse
Pool repair guy

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”