The maximum size for any single picture is 256kb. So here is a foolproof method to make your pictures small enough to post.
- The quickest and easiest way to resize pictures is with a little program I found called Fast Image Resizer. Download it (<500kb) and run setup to install.
- Run the program and a small window will open. I have found the best resolution for the forum format is 600x600. Click on the resolution arrow and select "Edit List..." . Type in 600x600 and click "Add".
- Now click on "Options" and set as follows:
JPEG Quality: 85
Resize Quality: Good
The other settings you can decide on. Click "OK".
- Select the 600x600 resolution. Drag and drop your picture on the open program window. That's it! Your picture is perfectly sized for the forum and the size is under the limit every time.
Now to add the picture/s to your post:
- Click "Upload attachment" below the posting window. Browse to your picture and select it.
Click "Add the file"
- The screen will refresh. Now under "Posted Attachments" you will see your picture (name only). You can add a caption here if you like. Place the cursor in your post where you want the picture to be and click "Place inline". You're done!
I hope to see a whole bunch of new photos in the forums soon