Baquacil To Chlorine

Baquacil, SoftSwim, Revacil, Splashes, Poly Clear. Using these
non-chlorine products and converting from biguanides back to chlorine.
alesha468

Baquacil To Chlorine

Postby alesha468 » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 00:31

I used Baquacil last summer in my freshly filled pool. It did pretty well. This summer I started with a green pool. I flocked it and vacuumed 48 hrs. later.... then added 200 dollars worth of chemicals that the pool store told me to add. The water turned a light blue color but was still really cloudy. I left for the beach and my dad checked it daily for me. We assumed maybe it was just the chemicals mixing that made it look cloudy but it never cleared up. Next, I took a sample and they told me to add more oxidizer and sanitizer... 100 more dollars. I did so and it didn't clear up. It actually made it worse. It smelled like a stagnated pond. It was nasty. Next I went to another pool store and they sold me line cleaner to kill the white water mold. Then another bottle of oxidizer to put in. I had to put a sock on my skimmer basket to catch the dead mold. I had to check it over and over even during the night. That was 54 more dollars. Again I went to the pool store and they told me to flock it again. I did and 2 days later it was still cloudy. They told me to flock another time... still cloudy and 40 more dollars in the hole. WAs told to change my sand... did so 4 days ago. The last 2 times I have went they have said that everything looked great with my levels just needed to add sanitizer which I refused to buy because it still didn't look like something I'd want to get in. Came home and thought about it and decided we may get in to see how it felt. My dad got in before me and I guess the movement stirred up all the gunk on the bottom and there was brown scum all over the surface. He cleaned for 2 hours and still couldn't get it all. So I finally just dumped 1.5 gallons of 6% bleach in the pool. I then did it again this morning and again tonight. It doesn't look much different. It's still cloudy and foamy on top like it has been all summer. My hubby did say that it looked a bit clearer to him but I dunno. It hasn't changed colors as everyone else's did... could this be because my sanitizer level was at 0? How much would I need to add to make the water clear? We've spent tons of money this summer and haven't gotten to swim one time! I'd love to get in a few times!

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Baquacil To Chlorine

Postby chem geek » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:27

It takes a LOT of chlorine to convert a Baquacil pool. How much depends on the Baquacil level. See how to Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine.
laurie johnston

Baquacil To Chlorine

Postby laurie johnston » Wed 20 Jul, 2011 20:23

What should i do if i been using baquacil and put shock it in the pool now the pool is cloudly and it has got white stuff in the water. What can i do to clear the water?

Return to “Baquacil, Biguanides and PHMB”