drain pool~now what

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
keri

drain pool~now what

Postby keri » Mon 01 May, 2006 20:23

Our pool never really got in good working order last year. It was very neglected. We had to drain it this week to start over and discovered severe scale deposits on the wall. How do you get it off? We have power washed it as much as we can. It is very bad. What type of chemical agent can we use to wash the liner? It is an above ground pool. We don't want it sitting too long without water and know it needs to be filled immediatly. Also is changing the sand in our pump a hard task?

Pool Helper

Scale pool problem

Postby Pool Helper » Tue 02 May, 2006 01:26

You will probably need to acid wash the pool to get rid of the scale.

Changing the sand is a simple though a time-consuming chore. It is highly recommended if your sand is over 4 years old. Newer sand can be efficiently cleaned using a commercial filter cleaner.
keri

acid washing the pool

Postby keri » Tue 02 May, 2006 18:27

what is acid washing?
tyler1012000
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tyler1012000 » Tue 16 May, 2006 10:36

We did the same thing to our pool a few years ago because we didn't cover it over the winter. We went to dollar general and got this stuff called mean green it's about two bucks a bottle and it works. I just took a section at a time and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed. By the end the liner looked brand new. good luck

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”